Guided Tours of Lancaster
Soak in the beauty and simplicity of Amish Country as you roam the backroads of Lancaster County with your own personal guide. Have a question that just popped into your head? Ask your guide! Heard about something that you really want to see? Your guide can take you there!
All our guides have a Mennonite or Amish heritage from which they give you a true and well-balanced understanding of their faith and culture. Our guides have lived most of their lives in Lancaster’s Amish Country, so you can count on them to help you discover some "hidden treasures"!
During your tour you can make about three stops at places that interest you. You can see (and smell!) the cows at an Amish dairy farm. Marvel at the intricacy and beauty of a quilt at a quilt shop. Discover what shoofly pie is at a bake shop. Or stop at one of the many other fascinating small shops scattered about the back roads.
So come and enjoy time in another world. See the Amish farmers working in their fields with their teams of mules and horses and the clothes hanging to dry on a long pulley clothes line. Hear the clip clopping of a horse’s hooves and the rattle of a buggy. Taste a yummy soft pretzel and some fizzy home-made root beer. Relax as a guide assists you to understand and experience Lancaster’s Amish Country!
Car and Van tours can be arranged in two ways:
- Call us ahead of time with the desired day and hour. We will arrange for a tour guide to be here at the Mennonite Information Center to meet you at the pre-arranged time. A credit card number is needed to hold the reservation. A 24 hour cancellation policy applies where the full amount is charged when the tour is cancelled less than 24 hours before the tour start time.
- Come to our location and request a tour. There will be a 30 minute wait time for the tour guide to meet you. Almost always your request can be fulfilled, but there is a slight chance a tour guide might not be available at your desired time.
Coach and Mini-coach tours must be reserved in advance.
- Car tour (1-7 persons): $53 per vehicle. Two hour minimum. $17 each additional hour.
- Mini-coach / Van tour (8 to 25 people): $80. Two hour minimum. $20 each additional hour. Advance registration required on coach tours.
- Three-hour coach tour: $120. $30 each additional hour. Advance registration required on coach tours.
NOTE: The above rates are for a tour guide riding in YOUR vehicle. The Mennonite Information Center does NOT operate its own bus or van.
Call us at 800-858-8320 to reserve a tour.